Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Almost four and a half months have passed by and rather quickly as well. I am now feeling rather aimless and getting restless in not being able to rejoin the corporate world...not through lack of commitment but opportunities, given the current bleak economic environment.
It has dawn on me that I cannot switch and fit into the role of a Mr Househusband. Multitasking and passion are some of the pre-requisits necessary to become a very good housewife or househusband....for me multitasking per se is not a problem. I think it is the mental make-up (both attitude and aptitude of housework...traditionally men are very poor in) and the lack of passion for the role...not that I have never done any housework before, on the contrary, my mother was a very strong advocate of boys having to do housework and had always insisted as part of growing up that I have to share in doing some of the housework...not a pampered life! But 30 over years in corporate life have moulded me differently and definitely not for the role of a househusband...I have put my mind and soul into the task initially but this enthusiasm had worn off.
Now I find housework to be very mundane and boring...even cooking is no longer a challenge but has degraded to a very routine chore to be performed at certain set time of the day. Thus procrastination has started to creep in and the lazy worms (now you know why I want to ban worms!) have started their invasion as well...but thank goodness they have not reached the core yet!
Maybe I am missing the stress and frustrations so inherent in corporate life and the laughters and banters of colleagues. These are missing as a househusband and these are factors that keep your mind active and challenged and they may make or break your day....hmmmm....so retirement is not an option for now.

1 comment:

  1. hi keenman, i may not fully understand how it is being a houseband nor being in a business for 30 years. but giving up something which you are so passionate about is not easy. even more so when the end is so abrupt. i hope you'll find that opportunity to pursue that passion. Norman

    ReplyDelete